Re: halted system still working as router.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 01:12:40 +0100 (MET)

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 12:22:04PM +0100, Rogier Wolff wrote:
>
> > Mailing List Account wrote:
>
> [Doh... must fix that]
>
> > > Why not have something like init/shutdown.c to shutdown drivers on
> > > halt/shutdown, in lifo order probably?
> >
> > SuSE does this. (Forget Red Hat, use SuSE :-)
>
> SuSE does this the same way Debian does I assume - that is assume
> everything is module and yank the modules before halting?

No. They run the "network stop" script which then dutyfully
ifconfig-downs the interface. (Actually it does "route stop" before
that, killing all the routes....:-)

-> User space problem. not for linux-kernel.

Roger.

--
| Most people would die sooner than think....  |    R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
| in fact, most do.  -- Bertrand Russsell      |     phone: +31-15-2137555
We write Linux device drivers for any device you may have! fax: ..-2138217