Re: System lockup with 2.1.127

Romano Giannetti (romano@upco.es)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:37:17 +0100

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 11:08:50AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> In article <199811111311.OAA00766@loki.gams.co.at> you wrote:
>
> : It happened twice the last 2 days. Suddenly the System loads goes up
> : to 4-5, all CPU time is eaten by the system, none left for user space
> : (xosview). Switching from X to a console works, but i can't login
> : there (the system is frozen after i entered the passwd) or execute any
> : programs.
>
> I saw the same thing here.

Me too. Look at the other message (about a "lost icd.cd interrupt").
Happened while stressing filesystem (isofs and proc) at the same time.

Can confirm I had 4 or 5 shells (and a find) running (sysrq-t) and
kernel was in schedule() (sysrq-p) 9 times over 10.

HTH,
Romano

PS sysrq-p and -t logs available on request.