Re: ACPI thoughts

Torsten Landschoff (t.landschoff@gmx.net)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:06:20 +0100

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

Hi Philip,=20

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 11:11:04AM -0500, Philip Gladstone wrote:

> I've got two long plane rides ahead of me -- I'll try and work up
> a design for ACPI kernel/user interface and send it out next week.

I am sure it does not belong here but I would like to use the feature of my
motherboard to power up the system at a given time, for example to get new
mails from my provider nightly (it much cheaper at night in germany).

I do not know how to access it without using the bios setup and I did not f=
ind
any docs. Is there something in the acpi-specs?

Just curious
Torsten

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--