Re: the SoundBlaster module (sb.o) problem

Shaya Potter (spotter@yucs.org)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:05:41 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>

>> /lib/modules/2.1.128/misc/sb.o: unresolved symbol
>> mod_firmware_load_R39e3dd23
>
>Thats seriously weird. The symbol has to be exported for it to get
>versioned.

Do you need any other information about the system? It's a stock debian
slink/"frozen" system that was updated in the past week. The kernel is
being compiled with debian standard gcc, i.e. a 2.7.2 derivative (I believe
2.7.2.3), not 2.8 or egcs. I don't have the .config avaiable to me right
now, would you like it? Would any other information be useful?

Thanks,

Shaya