Re: new processes very slow on otherwise responsive system (2.1.127 and 128)

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:15:02 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Simon Kirby wrote:

> >I just tried 2.1.129pre1 + arca-19 (less the lp stuff that got rejected),
> >and I was able to replicate this problem with the kernel compiled to UP.
>
> You mean that SMP is safe and UP is buggy? I am using SMP over UP machine.
> Do I need to recompile UP?

I can confirm that .129pre1 has the UP flu but I could not compile it SMP.
I will try again ... serial.c blew up when compiling as a module on SMP,
it compiled UP.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!