Re: new processes very slow on otherwise responsive system (2.1.

Jim Bauer (jfbauer@home.com)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:28:05 -0500 (EST)

On 16-Nov-98 Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
>
>> I read that problems arise when the system is been idle for some time,
>> maybe this is the reason everything has worked fine so far here...
>
> I experienced this problem when the system was under moderate load (1<x<2),
> so Im not sure if you can assume this to be fully responsible for the problem.
> But IANA kernel hacker, so this may just be nonsense Im babbling :-)

I am not sure that it even matters what the load is at freeze start.
However, once frozen, the load it likely to clime. The cause of the
load climb seems to be due to attempting to run commands either
from explicit action or via something like crond.

Jim Bauer, jfbauer@home.com