Re: Sound still broken but has improved a bit.

Michel Catudal (bbcat@netonecom.net)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 01:49:48 +0000

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Real Audio does work good now until there is a net congestion.
> > I don't understand the reasoning in changing the sound, bug
> > or not until a new version of RealAudio comes. What it is
> > going to do is piss off a lot of potential Linux users.
> > We can't dictate to RealAudio, we're not their bread and
> > butter, winblows is.
>
> because real would never have fixed the bug until we changed the kernel,
> they;ve had about 3 months notice.

This reminds me of Microsoft's behavior. Just look at the
programs that no longer works with winblows 98.

You're heading in the same direction ...

The ones hurt is the Linux community not Real Audio.

--
Tired of Windows' rebootive multitasking?
then try Linux's preemptive multitasking