RE: Driver for Intel EtherExpress PRO/10 ISA (TP, BNC).

Jesper Juhl (jesper.juhl@dif.dk)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:14:50 +0100

I have tried the eepro driver, and I am unable to get the card to
function with it. I have desided though, that I'll try to use that
driver as a base, instead of writing one from scratch.

The card works fine under WinNT, so there's (surposedly) nothing wrong
with the hardware.

If I find the reason why my card's not functioning, and if I'm able to
"fix" the driver, I'll post a patch.

regards
Jesper Juhl

-----Original Message-----
From: Jes Sorensen [mailto:Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch]
Sent: 18. november 1998 11:06
To: Jesper Juhl
Subject: Re: Driver for Intel EtherExpress PRO/10 ISA (TP, BNC).

>>>>> "Jesper" == Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@dif.dk> writes:

Jesper> I own such a card as specified in the topic, but haven't been
Jesper> able to get it to work under Linux 2.0.35

Jesper> I have gotten some documentation on this card from Intel, and
Jesper> contemplate writing a Linux driver. Is such a project already
Jesper> started? I don't feel like re-inventing the wheel! Should I
Jesper> write the driver against 2.0.x, 2.1.x or wait for 2.3.x and
Jesper> write the driver for that series? Anybody in particular i
Jesper> should contact about this?

According to Donald Becker's page at
http://beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ there is supposedly a
driver for the card available from