Re: Sound still broken but has improved a bit.

A Guy Called Tyketto (bradl@aurania.ml.org)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:25:08 -0800

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 11:09:14AM +0000, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 05:30:35PM +0000, Michel Catudal wrote:
> > That'll be my last bit on it, since it is a lost cause.
> > No more radio on Linux is basically the bottom line
> > unless someone writes a clone of RealAudio. Looking at
> > the development of G2 gives the impression is that RealAudio
> > doesn't give a rat's ass about the Linux community.
>=20
> Don't be daft, there have been several fixes to RealAudio posted
> already. One (the LD_PRELOAD one) will work with all versions.

Not only that, but if you were going to say that, You would also ha=
ve=20
to account for every other version of U*IX that is out there, as well as OS=
/2=20
and Macintosh. If all you're going to say is that RealAudio is going to be =
for=20
95/98/NT, you're also saying that they don't care about the other Unices, a=
s=20
well as Macs, which I KNOW Real 'gives a rat's ass about'. They may take ti=
me=20
in getting to releasing products for other platforms, but gods, you don't=
=20
release fullblown products that haven't been in the developmental stage, do=
=20
you? that's like giving out something that has a serious bug in it, and you=
=20
know of it, but release it anyway. not a good idea, IMHO. That's why there =
is a=20
stable, and devel. if it doesn't work, get a fix around it, or wait till th=
ey=20
correct it until it works. Best way to do something about it.

BL.
--=20
Brad Littlejohn | Email: tyketto@omnilinx.ne=
t=20
Unix Systems Administrator, | tyketto@acm.unomaha.edu
Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! :) | http://www.omnilinx.net/~tyketto
PGP: 1024/E9DF4D85 67 6B 33 D0 B9 95 F4 37 4B D1 CE BD 48 B0 06 93

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--