Re: Linux-2.1.129.. not quite 2.2 yet, I hope.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:37:30 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:

> NFSd is still broken (I sent you patches, broken down for easy
> digestion. Please let me know if you want me to resend
> them, or if they are unacceptable please say why.
>
> You don't explicitly mention that the 'UP Flu' is fixed. Was
> that an omission in your mail or in the code?
>
> ISDN has important bugs and is, I believe, now older than the
> ISDN code in 2.0.36. Not only are there numerous bug fixes,
> but the HiSax driver in CVS now has telco approval (for
> certain cards), which is an important step forward.
> It may be best to sync with them before 2.2.

Of the above, only the UP flu is a show-stopper. ISDN and kernel-nfsd are
easily 2.2.x projects.

And the UP flu is fixed (not in 2.1.129, but elsewhere).

So yes, I'm serious.

Linus