Re: Linux V2.1.128 localhost performance

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:33:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Steven Roberts wrote:

> correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a thread about this a few
> months back that resolved the ping -f localhost as a ping bug.

Indeed, as Alan Cox said:

So get a non-buggy ping(8) client.

and as Ecclesiastes said:

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been
already of old time, which was before us.
There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any
remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Regards,
Tigran.