Re: A fifo and signal bug

H.J. Lu (hjl@lucon.org)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:38:33 -0800 (PST)

> On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >
> > No. It is a kernel bug. You can see it by just looking at fs/filo.c.
> > Basically, when a fifo reader is interrupted by a signal in fifo_open,
> > there is no way for a fifo writer to tell someone is waiting to read
> > but interrupted by a signal. But I am afraid a real fix is not trivial.
>
> So send me a program that shows this. The test program I got appears to
> pass, and as such I don't see your point at all.

It is very strange. My test program fails for everyone else. Could
you please try it on an UP machine running the stock 2.1.129 UP kernel?

BTW, I put 5 sec wait between sending SIGTSTP and trying to open
the fifo with O_WRONLY|O_NONBLOCK. It may not be enough or someone
else was reading/trying to open the fifo to read.

Thanks.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)