Re: PLIP in static 2.1.12[89]

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:45:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, QingLong wrote:

> I.e. set irq to 7 prior to plip.
> But how can I set irq amid system booting in a static kernel?
> Although, probably, I am just missing smth. (if so please point me to
> appropriate documentation), it looks like a bug.

>From Documentation/parport.txt (check out the bit about "auto"):

"Parport linked into the kernel statically

If you compile the parport code into the kernel, then you can use
kernel boot parameters to get the same effect. Add something like the
following to your LILO command line:

parport=0x3bc parport=0x378,7 parport=0x278,auto

You can have many `parport=...' statements, one for each port you want
to add. Adding `parport=0' to the kernel command-line will disable
parport support entirely. Adding `parport=auto' to the kernel
command-line will make parport use any IRQ lines or DMA channels that
it auto-detects."

Tim.
*/