Re: Linux-2.1.129..

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 06:04:37 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

> Alan Cox writes:
> > > I can be very exact, I've posted OOPSes here a few times already (last one
> > > was just after 2.1.127 - but I have no trouble believing that the list ate
> > > them :-). Here they go again.
> >
> > Oh I saw this one before, its totally crazy so I assumed it was a one
> > off bogosity or misbuilt kernel.
> >
> > Are you using devfs ?
>
> Why do you ask that? I've not heard of any devfs-induced oops reports
> for a long time now.

Yeah, might have been more nice to say "Using any additional patches?"
At any rate, devfs is pretty blameless lately. Richard deserves a lot
of credit, not finger pointing. Sorry if that wasn't what it was.

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2132 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2151 for the rich and the dead.
790 days remaining in the Raw Deal.