Re: The history of the Linux OS

Simon Kenyon (simon@koala.ie)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:07:18 -0000 (GMT)

On 23-Nov-98 Johnny Tevessen wrote:
> Do you plan to archive non-x86 kernels, too? Sometimes their
> evolution was interesting, too (especially the older/first
> ports).

as this contains a question - i'll answer
please don't expect answers to mail messages that contain information
although it is very well appreciated, there are too many to reply individually - i
hope people understand

anyway, i will archive all the kernels that i can find and make them available for
download - but not instantly - this will take some time or organise and it is
incidental to my task of writing a history of the evolution of Linux

looks like i'll have to work out how to get DVD's mastered
i was hoping to put stuff on CD - but a rough
"back of fag^h^h^hcigarette packet"
(another term i cannot use any more because itis not PC)
calculation shows me that a CD or three will not be enough

--
simon