Re: kerneli blowfish/twofish compromised?

kernel@mallory.draper.net
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:52:55 -0600

On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 12:13:59PM +0100, Alexander Kjeldaas wrote:
<snip>
> I don't think you should send your patches to me - I won't accept
> them. However, what you can do (if you bother to do so) is to go
> through your patch and describe the changes you've done. Send the
> description to me. I can take your description and reimplement your
> patch. This should probably work for your patch since it seems that
> the changes are pretty small.

Ah, I see. Well, I don't think that would be very productive. I am
curious, are you refusing patches from just me, the USA, or the entire
world?

<snip>
> What I'd like to do with the loop-devices is to get a general
> loop-device implemented that will just query the crypto api for a
> cipher and use that instead of being hardwired to a specific cipher.
>
> When that's done, we can put some nifty things into the crypto api.
> For example, we can do superencryption by passing something like
> "mars/cbc->rc6/cbc->serpent" as the crypto-algorithm to the general
> loop device. The string is supposed to mean to first encrypt using
> mars/cbc, then using rc6/cbc, and then using plain serpent.

It appears you have a good plan. I wish you the best.

Reed,