Re: /dev/nvram on my Celebris

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:21:59 +0100 (MET)

On 23 Nov 1998 ketil@ii.uib.no wrote:

[...]
> > /dev/bios
[...]
> Difference is, these have IMHO more meaningful names and more obvious
> uses. I'd *expect* throwing garbage at /dev/bios to muck up the bios
> settings.

Not to continue a discussion on harmful things /dev/files can do to the
machine but ... writing garbage into /dev/bios don't simply muck up the
bios settings. It destroy your BIOS burning into it the garbage. Machine
completely unusable ... BIOS destroyed ... return to the shop.

So read the documentation, it save your ass :)

Ciao,
Riccardo.