Re: SoundBlaster Live

Ryan Moore (rmoore@rmoore.i.seawood.org)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:02:40 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Thomas Sailer wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> >
> > There are a lot of people wondering about SB live. I havn't gotten a good
> > answer yet. If you find out anything lemme know and I'll do the same for
> > you.
>
> But noone so far tried to find out what chipset the SBlive uses
>
> If someone who owns such a card can look at it and post the chip
> designators

I can't look at the card in my machine right now, but according to the box
of the product, the chip is an "EMU10K1".

The box claims:

The EMU10K1 audio processor is the most powerful integrated music, audio
and effect engine available. Every signal is processed at 32-bit, 192dB,
48kHz using 8-point interpolation to smooth the sound, instantly improving
any audio soure.

Blah blah blah. You get the idea.

The EMU10K1 chip is the only chip on the board.