RE: SoundBlaster Live

Robert Cicconetti (zarquon@resnet.gatech.edu)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:32:53 -0500

According to Creative, the main chip is the EMU10K1.. and has several
different firmware revisions that can be uploaded to the EMU. Other than
that the site is rather uninformative on technical details; I'm considering
buying one for the S/PDIF I/O (Much cheaper than any other brand name card
that I've seen that can do that).

Also, it says the Live is compatible with the original Sound Blaster, but
not SB-pro on up.