Re: Dvorak+Magic SysRq

Philipp Rumpf (prumpf@jcsbs.lanobis.de)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 06:03:14 +0100

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 09:03:43PM +0100, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Robert Edmonds wrote:
>
> > I have noticed that when using Magic SysRq keys I must press the
> > QWERTY mapping instead (i.e. "." instead of "e"). Is there any
> > support or fixes to allow Dvorak keymappings mith the Magic SysRq
> > keys?
>
> No, but if I feel bored enough I might hack it up :)

Would it be safe to do so ? AFAIK, it is good that SysRq uses hard-wired
key codes because you always know where they are (think of some user used
to dvorak who wants to unRaw the keyboard, thereby switching off the com-
puter).

Of course, these hard-wired key codes should be dvorak ;).

Philipp Rumpf