Re: The history of the Linux OS

Andrew J. Scott (A.J.Scott@casdn.neu.edu)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:02:38 -0500

On 22 Nov 98, at 13:45, Riley Williams wrote:

> Hi Simon.
>
> > The History of the Linux Operating System
>
> > I'm going to start to pull together anything and everything that I >
> can find about the history of the Linux OS.
>
> ===8<=== CUT ===>8===
>
> What I'd like to see is some of the early releases of Linux, just out of
> curiosity. Problem is, they all appear to be long since filed in the old
> circular file...
>
> Best wishes from Riley.

How old? The kernels, back to 1.0 are available on some ftp sites. tsx-
11.mit.edu has v1.0, v1.2.xx as well as current kernels.

------------------Mailed via Pegasus 2.53 & Mercury 1.30---------------
A.J.Scott@casdn.neu.edu Fax (617)373-2942
Andrew Scott Tel (617)373-5278 _
Northeastern University--138 Meserve Hall / \ /
College of Arts & Sciences-Deans Office / \ \ /
Boston, Ma. 02115 http://www.casdn.neu.edu / \_/