Re: 2.1.12[56789] and proces accounting

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:52:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Daniel Podlejski wrote:

> Anyone running proces accounting on 2.1.x kernel ?
> I have BSD accounting compiled into kernel, and
> accounting tools compiled with correct header files,
> but this doesn't work. I recompile libc with kernel 2.1.129
> headers too.
>
> When I run lastcomm, it dump core. Any ideas ?

a) what version of lastcomm are you using?
b) details of coredump, please - at least where does it SIGSEGV? (Compile
the beast with -g, say gdb ./lastcomm, at gdb prompt say
core-file core
bt
and post (or email) the results.
Al

--
There are no "civil aviation for dummies" books out there and most of
you would probably be scared and spend a lot of your time looking up