Re: /dev/nvram on my Celebris

Philipp Rumpf (prumpf@jcsbs.lanobis.de)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 20:07:57 +0100

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 02:22:34PM +0000, Neil Conway wrote:
> If the BIOS flash does require ANY memory access then perhaps the
> problem goes away simply by preventing module loading and reboots...

No, it does not. Play with /dev/mem. Get some free pages for you. Change
the read function for /proc/pci to the BIOS reflash code. Wait two days.
Tell the admin you knew about a bug in one pci card you think he has. Try
to show it to him with cat /proc/pci. "Oh, I thought Linux *never* crashed ?"

Philipp Rumpf