Re: 2.1.129-ac3 severe RX errors in PPP

Matthias Sattler (m_sattle@informatik.uni-kl.de)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 23:38:46 +0100

Hello

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 12:09:47PM +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Absolutely: a raw 2.1.129 build with Ingo's current RAID as the only
> extension locks up the moment Seyon tries to open /dev/ttyS2. In my
> case I'm using a dumb multiport board which shares serial IRQ over 8
> ports, so it's a slightly non-standard configuration. The modem and
> mouse on /dev/ttyS0 and S1 work just fine, but obviously I'm not
> normally using Seyon to talk to those.
>
> Could anybody else seeing this serial/tty problem let me know what sort
> of devices/applications are breaking? It would help me to test things
> properly once we've found the problem.

Hmmmm..... my setup is more mainstream than yours (except maybe that I use
devfs). My modem is just connected to the second onboard serieal port
. I've tested minicom on the same device and got no errors. Let's test some
more programs... ;-)

With 2.1.77 I've tested today seyon did not crash the machine.

When I start seyon as root it too doesn't crash the computer (2.1.130-pre3)
too.
Hmmmmmm.....

Matthias