Re: kerneli blowfish/twofish compromised?

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:52:11 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > Hell, we should just do this. We need a patch to postal gateway which
> > > delivers to the nearest free soil and some volunteers to do OCR and some
> > > filing of received mail to show that transfers are legit. Tools to
> > > make OCR of source code relatively easy already exist, such as those used
> > > by the international PGP group.
> >
> > Here's a question. Is it legal to fax it with checksums to an OCR reader
> > automatically ?
>
> As far as I know, this is illegal. It uses a "communications device". It has
> to be a real dead tree AFAIK (clay tablets might also be allowed but might be
> hard after the 10th line)

Well, perhaps you made a tunnel going between mexico and the US. In the US
there is a printer that prints with some sort of erasable ink, and in
mexico there is a scanner that reads the printed text and a eraser. The
paper would run in a closed loop across the border... Tada.