Re: kerneli blowfish/twofish compromised?

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 19:16:57 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Simon Kenyon wrote:

> On 27-Nov-98 Gerhard Mack wrote:
> > The regulations allow export of cryptography to Canada (I can even
> > download netscape with strong encryption) but the regulations don't apply
> > to Canadians if I recall.
>
> i think you'll find that the Canadian regulations are "exactly" the same as the US
> ones
The Canadian gov itself was taking advantage of this last year by
investing in commercial encryption technology if I recall.
Someone pointed otu that forwarding me the pach knowing I would resend it
would still in violation of US law. :(
Now that I think of it the person would have to not know that I would
forward it.
Btw what are the odds of prosecution considering the US govt lost the last
lawsuit on the grounds that the law violated free speech ?

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@imag.net InnerFIRE@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.