Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #2907

Paul Barton-Davis (pbd@Op.Net)
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 09:35:56 -0500

>From: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
>Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 00:35:08 +0000
>Subject: 2.1 Tropez Classic anyone?
>
>This is for the latest 2.1 series with the modular sound.
>
>I was trying to figure out how to gonfigure it but failed.
>
>I have all possible modules built, I probably just need
>the conf.modules content.
>
>So far I assigned mad16 to char-major-14 and set the known
>options. I get sound on /dev/dsp and /dev/audio but I get
>nothing on /dev/midi.
>
>How to I set it up midi? Does it by default use the internal
>synth? What do I assign synth0 to?
>
>Anyone with a working conf, I would appreciate seeing it.

I don't even know from the above what driver you're attempting to
use. I also don't know what you mean by saying "I get nothing on
/dev/midi". What did you do ? /dev/midi is a device that sends raw MIDI
messages to a MIDI port. If you don't send MIDI data, or if there's
nothing on the other side of the port, you don't get any
sound. Perhaps you know this, but its not clear from your message.

As the author of the WaveFront driver for the Maui, Tropez and
Tropez+, send me your kernel config file and your modules config file,
and I'll tell you whats going on.

--pbd