Re: inode leakage, 2.1.130?

Todd Graham Lewis (tlewis@mindspring.net)
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 13:52:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Vegard Engen wrote:

> My root-filesystem, which I unfortunately (or fortunately, else I wouldn't
> have found this problem) had placed my news spool on temporarily, is leaking
> inodes with 2.1.130. The following is my attempts of a systematic description.
(...)
> [root@middagspynten next]# rm -rf advocacy

Did you check for hard links? Do an 'ls -i' to find the inums of the
files you're deleting, then do a `find -inum <foo>` to see if there are
other references to those same inums in your file system. You will probably
end up being suprised by what your news system does.

--
Todd Graham Lewis      MindSpring Enterprises    tlewis@mindspring.net
 The Windows 2000 name was obviously created over a glass of root beer