Re: typo in scsi_obsolete.c

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:05:38 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

>On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Gerard Roudier wrote:
>
>>variable. If you donnot add such a flag or donnot take time enough for
>
>I am working on that right now. I don' t know how fixing the thing will be

I can' t see any breakage removing the check for SCpnt->host->last_reset >
0 in line 611 of scsi_obsolete.c. I just seen and fixed the mistake of
using time_before instead of time_after instead ;)... Excuse me.

Browsing scsi/*.c it seems that the scsi the code (without considering the
time T with jiffies == 0) is reset-jiffy-wrap-compliant as far as the scsi
controller will never reset one time since poweron (so last_reset will be
always 0).

If noplace in the scsi code will re-set last_reset to 0 after a
scsi_reset, first or before internal_cmnd() will stall because last_reset
is >> (very major than) 0.

I can' t see a big robusteness here...

Tell me if I am missing something.

Andrea Arcangeli

PS. In CC to Doug since I think he can be interested.