Re: [2.1.130] High load average appearing from the shadows.

Eloy A. Paris (eparis@ven.ra.rockwell.com)
30 Nov 1998 14:09:43 GMT

I think this problem has been fixed by Andrea Arcangelli and Linus. If
I remember correctly, it had to do with a problem with the idle
thread...

I guess the fix will be in any pre-2.1.131, 2.1.131, or 2.2.0 if Linus
decides to fire phasers :-)

peloy.-

Robert Thoerncrantz <rtz@pirx.df.lth.se> wrote:
> Sometimes I find that load average rises whithout top showing
> any CPU eating processes. The system stays perfectly
> responsive as ever, just as if nothing special was going on.
>
> Usually it is stuck at one, and starting top to investigate
> gives a load average of about two.
[...]