Re: ATI Mach64 Kernel driver.

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:06:48 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Kris Karas wrote:
> > From reading all those reports about the driver, it looks like ioremap()
> > behaves different on ia32 than on PPC and SPARC64...
>
> As a positive note to all the failures, atyfb works fine for me. :-)
> XPERT-98, 8MB, AGP, on BX-chipset MB, dual-PII/SMP kernel.

Fine!

> Now if I only had a way to make it come up in 1280x1024x24@80Hz
> instead of 640x480x8@60. :-(

You can use `fbset -a' to change the resolution for all VCs at once.

But yes, there should be a shared video mode database (__init of course) with
some standard video modes, like there's already for the Mac.

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be