Re: not a desktop OS

Phil Blecker (tmwg@inxservices.com)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:23:40 -0800

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 11:18:50AM +0100, Romano Giannetti wrote:
> What kernel version? I am working with 2.1.130 here since nine o'clock
> (it's eleven twenty) and have 0 byte of swap used.

I'm also using 2.1.130, for a couple days now. I only have 64MB memory,
128MB swap. As of this moment:
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 63248 40928 22320 15500 6576 18272
-/+ buffers/cache: 16080 47168
Swap: 130748 94372 36376

This does not seem reasonable to me. I would like to use the little RAM
that I have, not the disk drive. Because all I'm doing right now is typing
this, what is shown above is pretty stable. As soon as I start compiling
something, it'll change, of course.