Re: [patch] idle_task was wasting a lot of CPU

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 08:00:36 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> >IMHO a separate test for the idle task will be better.
>
> Rik, the timer irq will play only with process with pid != 0. I can'
> t see your point for continuing to check for current == idle_task
> even if the counter of the idle taks is -4.

Ahh, I overlooked that one. Thanks...

I do propose a smaller value (-100) however, so we can build in
penalties for processor switching and stuff in reschedule_idle().

cheers,

Rik -- now completely used to dvorak kbd layout...