Re: Error - unable to load interpreter ?

Craig Schlenter (craig@is.co.za)
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:40:39 +0200 (SAST)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Craig Schlenter wrote:

[snip]
> I can't find any more useful info than that. I think it's unlikely that I
> was out of both swap and RAM so I'd guess the VM balancing is not perfect.
>
> If anyone has any hints as to how to tune the options in /proc/sys/vm to
> prevent the problem I'd be interested to hear about it. Either that or
> I'll throw some more RAM at the problem to make it go away ;)

I haven't seen my mail echo back from the list yet so perhaps this has
been discussed to death already but there seem to be some useful hints in
Documentation/memory-tuning.txt

In particular:
[begin quote]
If "out of memory" errors sometimes occur, or if your machine does lots
of networking, increasing min_free_pages to 64 or more may be a good
idea.

free_pages_low should probably be about double of min_free_pages.
[end quote]

I think I'll try fiddling with this and see if the problems go away.

Cheers,

--Craig