Re: vesafb and Scitech Display Doctor/DOS

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:22:31 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, DAVID BALAZIC wrote:

> Can I upgrade an old gfx card to VESA 2.0 ( 3.0 ) with
> scitech display doctor under DOS and then boot linux ?

Yes, this should work.

> Some modes worked , others had a corrupted display. Did it work only
> accidentaly or it should work or what ?

Obviously the corrupted modes weren't supported properly by the card. I
had similar problems with my i486 and a shite CL5429 2MB card that didn't
support VESA 2.0 at all.

With the right modes, all this should work. Just use these modes that does
work properly for you and you should be okay.

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
 > ^ <  Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - *new* - rewritten for text browser users!

Linux tahallah 2.1.130 #64 SMP Thu Nov 26 22:58:37 EST 1998 Two Intel Pentium Pro 166MHz processors, 331.78 total bogomips, 48M RAM System library 2.0.104