Re: NTFS partitions show up as OS/2 partitions.

Krzysztof G. Baranowski (kgb@manjak.knm.org.pl)
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 00:39:29 +0100 (EET)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> I recently tore down a Windows NT 4.0 server that used NTFS on two
> partitions. When I ran (Linux) fdisk, I noticed that both partitions
> showed up as OS/2 HPFS partitions. The machine has never had OS/2
> installed on it! [...] Anyone got a good explanation?
Looks like its partition id number is the same as OS/2 partition.
Another case is GNU Hurd, SCO Unixware, SCO Open Server. They all
use the same id, ie. 0x63.

Kris

--
Krzysztof G. Baranowski - President of the Harmless Manyacs' Club
"Smith & Wesson - The original point and click interface..."