Re: Absolutely horrid IDE performance...

Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:02:26 +0100 (MET)

Hi Mark,

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Mark Lord wrote:

> They might even be faster if we implemented tagged-queuing
> for IDE (new drives now support this for ATA as well as SCSI).

Implement this support and I will consider these drives as serious
stuff.

> The qualitative results on this IDE RAID0 are exceptional.
> It is easily the most fastest and most responsive system I've
> ever used. Kudo's to the RAID folks!

You seem to be as happy of your disk sub-system as I am of mine.
So everything is fine on our respective planet. ;-)

Good luck for IDE tag support.

Regards,
Gerard.