Re: Y2k compliance

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@baby-dragons.com)
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 19:31:51 -0800 (PST)

Hello Rik, I'm Sorry but 'cal' isn't a document displaying
a known starndards bodies authorship .
Also being common knowledge isn't a publication of the standard.

All I'm asking for is a known definition for the derivation of
leap year . There has has to be one somewhere .
Otherwise how did 'cal' get its definition ?

Tia
On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> > Hello All, OK.. somebodies program says divisable by 400
> > is still a leap year.
> >
> > Where is it Defined ? , ie: some document publically available .
>
> It is defined on the calendar, that should be publically
> available enough for everybody. Furthermore, it has been
> public knowledge for over 500 years :)
>
> cheers,
>
> Rik -- the flu hits, the flu hits, the flu hits -- MORE
> | Linux memory management tour guide. H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl |
> | Scouting Vries cubscout leader. http://www.phys.uu.nl/~riel/ |

, JimL