Re: Y2k compliance

Vern Hoxie (vern@zebra.alphacdc.com)
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 20:18:10 -0700

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> Hello Rik, I'm Sorry but 'cal' isn't a document displaying
> a known starndards bodies authorship .
> Also being common knowledge isn't a publication of the standard.
>
> All I'm asking for is a known definition for the derivation of
> leap year . There has has to be one somewhere .
> Otherwise how did 'cal' get its definition ?

Try the archives at Vatican City. Read the decree by Pope Gregory
published circa 1582.

See any edition of The World Almanac. eg page 322 of the 1999
edition.

vern

--
Vernon C. Hoxie                                     vern@zebra.alphacdc.com
3975 W. 29th Ave.                                        uucp: 303-455-2670