Re: Linux 2.1.131ac5 released

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:02:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:

> # o CONFIG_SMP (Michael Chastain)
>
> Gasp!!! Thank god ....

This certainly is a feature that HAS to make it into 2.2,
even if it means we'll have to forcefully spoonfeed it to
Linus.

Not merging a patch like this (that doesn't even affect
any code) will make us look really stupid to the business
community. Not that we care about those folks very much,
but we'll save quite a few sysadmins by staying proffesional
on 'minor details' like this.

regards,

Rik -- the flu hits, the flu hits, the flu hits -- MORE