Re: small addition to keyboard driver propose with patch

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:19:06 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Stanislav V. Voronyi wrote:

> setfont koi8-8x16 -u koi8.uni
> loadkeys koi8-utf
>
> and if I type 'kbd_mode -u' my keyboard generate UTF-8 2-bytes
> sequences for each russian letter, but if I set 'kbd_mode -a'
> keyboard generate koi-8 codes for russian letters except of
> UTF without reloading keymap by loadkeys.
>
> Is this usefull enough to be included to official
> kernel ?

It adds a good amount of flexibility, maybe we can even
extend it to transparent support for dvorak keyboards
(incl. sysrq and stuff) or other nice things.

I'm not a console guru however, so I suspect there might
be something wrong with my reasoning :)

cheers,

Rik -- the flu hits, the flu hits, the flu hits -- MORE