Re: Floppy CRC errors

Glendon Gross (gross@redshift.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:56:10 -0800 (PST)

I've seen software-based floppy problems with Windows 98, but never with
Linux. Recently I replaced a floppy drive because of complaints from the
kernel, and that corrected the problem, so it may be that some floppies
show a lesser degree of compatibility with linux [the same floppy works
under NT.] The mere fact that it works doesn't mean there are'nt some
errors that go unreported under NT.