Re: the time has come...

Walter Lundby (lundbys@xnet.com)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 01:11:33 -0600

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 10:49:37AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
>
> > (LM: Check out the quote, from none other than Okin 8-)
> >
> > http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/9812/sunflash.981208.4.html
>
> Ah -- but has Quake (II) been ported yet? (I know the dedicated
> server has -- but not the game as a whole).
>
> Everyone know all real server platforms must be able to run games.
> This is why the Atari-2600 is such a great server platform.
>
> -cw

I couldn't resist... Working in a product line that consumes Tandem (Mips series)
and SGIs like candy...
Tounge-in-cheek wise....
On a per-process-basis
A large pile of N-64's has been
considered.....
With the video and sound stuff coming in at
about $140
for a dedicated set....
$100K-$200K of N-64s would make a damn
powerful
cellular phone system....
Of course it would be far to embarrassing to sell
and would
require some rather obscure coding....
Maybe in some less prestigious network?
Perhaps a Beowulf built of N-64's?