Re: the time has come...

Matthew Hawkins (matt@mail.goldweb.com.au)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:04:01 +1100

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> "Intend to add Linux compatibility to Solaris"? Hmm.
>
> I'd say that this boils down to "port glibc to Solaris".
> Good idea, if you ask me...

I think its a tad more than this - hopefully they'll include ext2 filesystem
support (anybody else dual-boot Sloaris and Ultrapenguin? :) and with any
luck they'll include those sunfreeware stuff in with the Solaris install disk.
I for one am getting tired of downloading & installing things like bash, tar
& gzip in particular on each new SPARC system that comes in here.

--
Matt
(looking at doing a "port lvp to Linux" ;)