Re: NO ROM BASIC (fwd)

Glendon M. Gross (gross@redshift.com)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:49:03 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:35:56 -0800 (PST)
From: "Glendon M. Gross" <gross@gospel.clones.com>
To: Alistair Riddell <alistair@watsons.edin.sch.uk>
Cc: Gerhard Mack <gmack@imag.net>, linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: NO ROM BASIC

Often the NO ROM BASIC error happens because of a cloned BIOS in which
certain aspects of the original IBM code were copied for perceived
compatiblility reasons. It is a timeout error resulting from an invalid
jump instruction. I'm amazed that it survives to this day, 17 years after
the IBM PC was invented. That's a testimonial to how lasting IBM's
influence on the industry has been, for this to be a thread on the Linux
kernel list!

Glendon Gross
www.clones.com