Re: Linux threads -- as seen in NT Magazine

David Feuer (feuer@his.com)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:48:34 -0500

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:

> Followup to: <9812091610.ZM21654@adams.pcx.ncd.com>
> By author: "Alan Olsen" <alano@adams.pcx.ncd.com>
> In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
> >
> > On a similar note:
> >
> > ZDnet (publisher of some outstanding anti-Linux FUD) has registered
> > "linuxbiz.com" as a domain. It is not alive yet, but expectations for it being
> > anything positive are not good. (Reading slashdot.org does have some uses. ]:>
> > )
> >

> I think ZDNet is more clueless than evil. They have shown a huge
> variance in their Linux coverage, from very good to very bad. That
> indicates cluelessness more than malice.
>
> -hpa
> --
> PGP: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74
> See http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/ for web page and full PGP public key
> I am Bahá'í -- ask me about it or see http://www.bahai.org/
> "To love another person is to see the face of God." -- Les Misérables

Good point. People who have only been exposed to Microsoft Windows and
then want to write a report (on a deadline) about an operating system
utterly unfamiliar to them tend to mess things up. Similarly, I notice
that a number of people who write science articles for the newspapers
easily get confused about what is known, what is believed, what is
conjectured, and what is one of 100 equally possible guesses. But they
could be a little less bold in their statements sometimes.....

--
David Feuer
feuer@his.com