Re: the time has come...

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 08:17:38 +0100

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 12:04:01PM +1100, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>
> > "Intend to add Linux compatibility to Solaris"? Hmm.
> >
> > I'd say that this boils down to "port glibc to Solaris".
> > Good idea, if you ask me...

IIRC somebody has stepped forward on the libc-alpha mailing list and started
a port of glibc 2.x to Solaris. But i don't know if he is still working on
it.

> I think its a tad more than this - hopefully they'll include ext2 filesystem
> support (anybody else dual-boot Sloaris and Ultrapenguin? :) and with any

Nothing simpler than that: do it the other way round... Install linux on a
UFS filesystem. One should be able to do that or the UFS support in the
Linux kernel should be ruled unusable and either fixed or dropped. BTW anybody
ever ported mkfs/fsck for UFS from *BSD to Linux?

Dominik Kubla

--
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.  Any official