Re: Linux login security approaches

Raul Miller (rdm@test.legislate.com)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:40:09 -0500

Albert D. Cahalan <acahalan@cs.uml.edu> wrote:
> That is only an NT problem. There is a network interpretation of the
> security requirements in a second document.

However, as I understand it, the network interpretation isn't particularly
useful for addressing the usual suite of network security issues.
[Consider, for example, syn flooding on a web server as an example of
something that c2 doesn't even begin to address -- but hey, no secrets
are being leaked, right?]

Anyways, I know that there are some folks who want C2 -- just remember
that the security model is more than a little different from what most
people need in most contexts.

--
Raul

--