Re: Writing a new filesystem driver.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:32:05 +0100 (MET)

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Followup to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.981211225109.499F-100000@red.prv>
> By author: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris@ican.net>
> In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
> >
> > I am in the process of writing a new filesystem driver. I have
> > never taken on any task of this magnitude at the kernel level as
> > of yet. I've snooped through the kernel sources several times
> > however, and feel comfortable so far.
> >
> > When I decided to implement the filesystem driver, I originally
> > wanted to just do it purely from reading the existing sources and
> > documentation, without bothering anyone with questions.
> >
> > However... the available documentation, although it has been
> > VERY helpful, leaves me with some questions nonetheless. So as
> > such, I'm looking for a fs mentor, and/or someone who can tell me
> > where TFM is that I should R. ;o)
> >

> Read Alessandro Rubini's book "Linux Device Drivers", and/or the book
> "Linux Kernel Internals" by six German guys...

Reinoud told me that the UDF filesystem sources come with a nice
description of how to write a filesystem driver.
http://www.trylinux.com/projects/udf/

Roger.

*   Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or  *
*   four times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at  *
*   least a minute. -- Lisa Coburn, age 9