Re: Minor request for enhancement: "beep on halt"

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:59:28 +1100

Stephen Harris writes:
> Well, Alan Cox reckons my original patch was in the right place, so
> here's a version against 2.1.131. This is a lot better, because the
> shutdown code has been seperated out between the architectures, so
> I'm not too worried that this is intel only code... after all, it
> now lives in arch/i386 :-)

Perhaps I missed it, but why can't you hack shutdown(8) to beep after
you've unmounted and synced? shutdown(8) already knows when it is safe
to turn the power off.

Regards,

Richard....